US State Department: Bureau of South Asian Affairs
South Asian Studies Schools
South Asian Association
for Regional Cooperation: Information on SAARC's first decade, declarations adopted, news updates on activities, etc.
South Asia Diaspora: Rated "essential" by the Asian
Studies WWW Virtual Library.
Guide to Resources in South Asian Studies. University of
Wisconsin, Madison. Library resources, South Asia in other major U.S. libraries, resources on the Internet/WWW.
South Asia Section: University of Washington Libraries. South
Asia collection of the UW libraries, other South Asia resources on UW campus, South Asia electronic resources, bibliographies.
South Asia Division: University of Michigan Graduate Library. The
study of India and Pakistan is of prime interest and importance to the Division's Graduate Library.
Southern Asia Collection: The University of Chicago Library
Digital South Asia Library. Center for Research Libraries. Reference
resources, bibliographies & union lists, images, maps, indexes, statistics, books & journals, other Internet resources.
Digital Dictionaries of South Asia The project is a
collaborative effort to widen access to South Asian Language Dictionaries. Established dictionaries for each of the
twenty-six modern literary languages of South Asia will be mounted on the web for free and open access.
- South Asian American Digital Archive (SAADA). Founded in 2008 in order to document and provide access to the diverse and relatively unknown stories of South Asian Americans.
South Asia Collection. University of Pennsylvania
SAARC LAW: Laws in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives,
Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
World History Archives: History of the Indian Ocean and
South Asia as a whole.
South Asia Terrorism Portal (SATP). Contains information, data, commentary, research,
critical assessment and analysis on terrorism, low intensity warfare and sectarian strife in South Asia.
South Asian Journal: A list of South Asian journals in
the social sciences and humanities.
SARAI: South Asia Resource Access on the Internet.
Harappa: Glimpses of South Asia before 1947.
South Asian Journalists
Association (SAJA). A professional networking group for journalists; goal is to foster ties among South Asian
journalists in North America and improve standards of journalistic coverage of South Asia and South Asian America.
Bank Group. Regional overview, development community, country pages, in focus, sectors & projects, special interest.
Social Science Research Council, NY. Program on South Asia.
Seeks to promote international scholarly collaboration on South Asian regional studies.
- Scholarly Associations on South Asia. Columbia University Library
- South Asia Solidarity Initiative. an organization based the United States that is in solidarity with progressive social movements and democratic politics in South Asia.
- South Asia Peace Initiative. Universal Peace Federation. UPF builds understanding and cooperation through leadership conferences, interreligious dialogue, ethnic reconciliation, service projects, sporting events, and character education
- Internet Resources for South Asian Studies. South Asia
Library Group South Asian Resources
- South Asia Network of Economic Research Institutes (SANEI) is a regional
initiative to foster networking amongst economic research institutions in South Asia.
- South Asia Research Institute for Policy and Development (SARID).
Non-profit, Tax Exempt corporation dedicated to promoting sustainable economic development and technology.
- South Asian Forum for Human Rights Human
rights, peace and democracy are the main areas of concern of the South Asia Forum for Human Rights.
- South Asia Citizens
Web: to promote dialogue and information exchange between and about South Asian citizens.
- Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia. To promote
management excellence in South Asia by networking management development institutions.
- South Asia Analysis Group. The objective of the group is to advance strategic analysis
and contribute to the expansion of knowledge of Indian and international security and promote public understanding.
- Maitri: Helping Women Help Themselves. A free, confidential, nonprofit organization
based in the San Francisco Bay Area that helps South Asian women facing domestic violence, emotional abuse or family conflict.
- South Asian Business Alliance Network. SABAN was created in 1998 to
develop a business-networking environment by organizing
pro-business events and activities for South Asian owned and represented, small to large businesses in the United States.
- South Asian Women for Action
(SAWA). A Boston-based progressive, non-hierarchical collective of women of South Asian descent.
- SAWNET; South Asian Women's NETwork. A forum for those
interested in South Asian women's issues.
- Network of South Asian
Professionals (NetSAP). Dedicated to enhancing professional and personal development, social and
professional networking and community service among the young professionals of South Asian origin.
- HIMAL: The South Asian Magazine. Published and distributed by Himal Media Pvt.
Ltd., Kathmandu, Nepal. Archive, resources, subscription, info, feedback, search.
- Volunteers Association for Bangladesh (VAB). A
charitable organization to mobilize funds and other resources for promoting secondary education of needy children.
Asian American Organizations |
Central Asia | East Asia/Far East
Middle East/West Asia |
South Asia |
Southeast Asia |
Asia in General |
Advertise with us
Site Index |
Video Clips |
Classified Ads |
Opinion Page |
Personal Ads |
Doing Business in Asia
| Asian Studies Schools
| U.S. Media, Newspapers
U.S. Government & Politics | Who's Who of Asian Americans
© All Rights Reserved
Asian American Net