Southeast Asian Studies Schools
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN): Official Website
Association of Southeast Asian Nations. U.S. Department
of State, Background Notes (archive).
The Living Dharma. Refers to the teachings of Buddhism, the essence of which is the impermanent and interdependent nature of all life.
DharmaNet International: Gateways to Buddhism. Publisher and international clearinghouse for Buddhist practice and study.
The Buddhism Resources on the Internet. The Resources on the WWW, Gopher, news and FTP.
Thailand Buddhism World Wide Web
Access to Insight: Readings in Theravada Buddhism: A library of readings
from Theravada Buddhism. Search, browse, and download over 700 translated discourses by the Buddha, plus many transcriptions of Dhamma books and talks.
The Berzin Archives. A collection of translations and teachings by Dr. Alexander Berzin primarily on the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions of Tibetan Buddhism.
Buddhist Studies, WWW Virtual Library: The Internet Guide to
Buddhism and Buddhist studies. Table of Contents, search engine.
Buddhism: About.com. Explore the richness of Buddhism
and the best source for advanced information on the Web, About.com guide.
South East Asian Images & Texts Project, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Digital Collections
- Southeast Asia Guide, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
Reference and bibliographic sources, current events & news, resources by area, libraries & collections.
East & Southeast Asia: An Annotated Directory of Internet
Southeast Asia Division, University of Michigan Library.
Collections on three countries--the Philippines, Thailand, and Indonesia-- have received the most comprehensive attention.
- South/Southeast Asia Library Service, U of California, Berkeley.
- Southeast Asia Resources, UC, Berkeley Library.
Southeast Asian Archive, Refugee Camps, University of California, Irvine.
Southeast Asia Collection, Yale University Library.
- Network for Southeast Asian Studies:
To communicate the academic information currently exhibited in Center for Southeast Asian Studies, Kyoto University(CSEAS) with related research fields.
- History of Southeast Asia: World history archives.
Documents for the history of Southeast Asia as a whole, and of other Southeast Asian countries.
- The ASEAN Centre for Biodiversity (ACB): ACB champions biodiversity conservation in the region and enhances its global standing as a center of excellence for biodiversity conservation.
- Southeast Asia Program: Social Science Research Council, NY. The
purpose of this page is to inform visitors about the mission and recent activities of the program.
- Southeast Asian Culture and Education Foundation. A non-profit agency whose goal
is to promote understanding between Southeast Asian Americans and Americans of other heritages.
- Southeast Asian Community Council, Inc. A community-based organization founded in 1986 by Southeast Asian refugee leaders to address the needs of community members.
- Southeast Asian Community Alliance (SEACA). Supports the development of members of the community
to create new and culturally relevant solutions to deep-rooted social, economic, and racial justice issues impacting the Southeast Asian community
Islamic Da'wah Council of Southeast Asia and the Pacific (RISEAP): A non-profit organization primarily to serve the
Muslim minorities living in Southeast Asia and the Pacific region.
- Southeast Asia Rescue Foundation, Inc. To protect and assist refugees and other needy people in Southeast Asia.
- The Southeast Asia Resource Action Center (SEARAC). An advocate for the diverse
Southeast Asian American community.
- Southeast Asian Mutual Assistance Associations Coalition, Inc. (SEAMAAC). Over 2 decades of experience serving and advocating for refugees, immigrants, and asylees
in the Greater Philadelphia area.
- Think Centre (Asia) Org. An independent political think tank which
critically examines issues related to political development; democracy; rule of law; human rights and civil society.
- Bridges Across Borders Southeast Asia. An international grassroots organization working to bring people together to overcome poverty, injustice and inequity in the Southeast Asia region.
- Asia Observer. News, background, developments in South East Asia. Useful
links, and separate pages for each country.
- Asia-Pacific.com. Strategic business information on the Asia-Pacific. Books,
journals, news, issue analysis, data links, experts.
- Business Development Asia (BDA): corporate finance advisory firm that advises
multinational companies on acquisitions and joint ventures in South East Asia.
- Personnel Missing: Southeast Asia (PMSEA). Defense Prisoner of
War/Missing Personnel Office, Southeast Asia Database. Listings display names of Americans who are unaccounted-for,
POWs, and those who are accounted-for from the war in Southeast Asia.
- U.S. POW/MIAs in Southeast Asia: a personal reflection,
recommended reading, and other online POW/MIA resources.
- The Mekong Network. A volunteer project providing information on Southeast Asia.
Articles, historical summaries, oral histories, photographs, and related resources.
Asian American Organizations |
Central Asia | East Asia/Far East
Middle East/West Asia |
South Asia |
Southeast Asia | Asia in General |
Advertise with us
Site Index |
Video Clips |
Classified Ads |
Opinion Page |
Personal Ads |
Doing Business in Asia
| Asian Studies Schools
| U.S. Media, Newspapers
U.S. Government & Politics | Who's Who of Asian Americans
© All Rights Reserved
Asian American Net